The Hyperion Tesla Coil
3. Links and further readings
Here is a list of the websites that helped me the most in building and understanding the Tesla coil.
- Kevin Wilson, Tesla coil Design, Contruction and Operation Guide — Complete explanations of all the components of a Tesla coil, an excellent reference.
- Richard Burnett, Richard Burnett’s Tesla Coil Webpage — Theory and analysis of the TC components. The best reference when it comes to theory of operation.
- Bart Anderson, Classic Tesla — Includes a Java spreadsheet making all the computations rigorously.
- Herbert Mehlhose, Herb’s Tesla Coil Page — Detailed explanations about construction (including how to make homemade capacitors).
- Matt Behrend, How a Tesla Coil works — Very clear paper on Tesla coil theory of operation.
- Marco Denicolai, Tesla Transformer for Experimentation and Research — A thesis on Tesla coils.
- Philip Tuck, Tesla's Legacy — Very good material on theory and construction.
- Steve Bell, DeepFriedNeon — Helpful website on construction.
On this website
You might also want to read :
- The Zeus Tesla coil — My first coil. These pages contains a lot much more material on theory.
- All coils blazing — A collection of the best photographs of sparks from both Zeus and Hyperion, plus a bit more.
- Nixie tube at 300000V — An interesting "experiment" involving placing a nixie tube at the tip of the Hyperion Tesla coil and firing it.